Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dave 11/11/99 - Re: What????????


Hi angelface,

I just got off the phone with you. You have a mousey very melodic voice. I understand your not talking much. It is difficult in a different language than you are used to and it's natural to be hesitant to try. But you must think of how tolerant you would be with someone trying to speak in your language and how you would be understanding. Realize it is the same with me.
Now before I forget...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/cgi-bin/translate?

I just typed in "Sunshine" and it gave me "Luz do sol". When you translate "Luz do sol" back into Portuguese, you get "light of the sun". How about "Cara do angel"? The problem seems to be that if you say in English, "Angel face", then the noun is "face" and "angel" becomes an adjective do describe what kind of face. In Portuguese, the adjective comes after the noun so you end up with "face of angel".

I don't know why I'm trying to figure out Portuguese since your English is very good. It's just that I have always loved to learn new things.

I know we are just friends now and email chums, but I hope the age difference doesn't bother you. I didn't pay any attention to ages when I responded to your ad. I don't think it matters much in the long run. If you do, just say so and I'll understand.

I think I can stand maybe three more cookies with a glass of cold milk before I go to bed. Tomorrow, I am playing Golf with some friends. I haven't played in a long time so it should be interesting. It's a very frustrating game but the weather is so nice with bright sun and white puffy clouds, it's just nice to be out of the house doing something besides work.

I'm really interested in your thoughts about our conversation. You acted surprised that I actually called, but it's not really that expensive for me.
Less than if we were close and went out to eat or something like that.

I will say good bye for now and I'm looking forward to your next note.
Maybe I will write for you, an autobiography since you seemed interested in where I was born and stuff. I don't wish to bore you with my life story unless you really want to know. I would be interested in yours also. It's all part of getting to know each other. I will attach an old picture of me that I scanned. It is when I was a police officer. I was about 28 years old. Wish I looked like that now!

hugs,
dave

"See the way she rests her cheek upon her hand O' that I were a glove upon that hand that I might touch that cheek."
-Romeo & Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment